Syncline Castle Trail Map
Trails are coded ranging in difficulty levels from Green to Blue. Junctions signs are numbered and benches are red dots. For more specific information pertaining to each trail please see our Trail Info page. Brochures with a map in them can be located at the main parking lot.
How do I use geo-referenced maps?
- Download your required geo-referenced mapDownload your required georeferenced map available here: https://www.albertaparks.ca/media/6496699/castle-syncline-georeferenced-trail-map.pdf
- Download the free “Avenza Maps” app, available in the app store (Apple) or Google Play. Sign up for a free account, and then go to “My Maps” in the app and upload the map you downloaded from the list above.
- These geo-referenced PDFs support basic navigation and way-finding for points of interest.
Will this work on my phone?
- While different smart phones have different capabilities, most have an embedded GPS that works to determine your exact location even when not connected to a cellular network. This is the hardware upon which the Avenza system depends.
- Even in the event the GPS location function doesn’t work on your smart phone, you’ve still got a detailed map of the area in which you’re travelling! You just might not have the “You Are Here!” function.